Monday, November 10, 2014

So That We Might All Live Free

The American Serviceman or Servicewoman
A man; a woman; a life; put at risk so that you; so that I; might live free.

Since the Revolutionary War, when Americans declared, fought for, and WON their independence from Great Britain, more than 800,000 American Servicemen and Servicewomen have given their life in the line of duty so that you; so that I; might live free.

Since the Revolutionary War, when Americans declared, fought for, and WON their independence from Great Britain, more than 1.5 million American Servicemen and Servicewomen have been injured fighting so that you; so that I; might live free.

The Department of Defense lists 1.3 million active duty military personnel and more than 800,000 reservists as of December 31, 2013. American Servicemen and Servicewomen serving daily so that you; so that I; might live free.

Today is Veteran's Day. Even if you don't tell an American Veteran that you appreciate them any other day of the year, do it today.

Remember, they sacrifice so that we might all live free.

To all of my family and friends who serve or have served, THANK YOU. I appreciate your sacrifices, and those your families make so that you may do your job, so that we might all live free.

©Anna Marie Hall
©My Little Mess


No comments:

Post a Comment